10GE Optical SFP+ Transceivers
- Small form factor pluggable 10GE optical transceiver
- Fully 802.3ae compliant SFP+ optical modules
- Single-mode (10GBASE-LR) and multi-mode (10GBASE-SR) options available
- Up to 10 km of total distance using single-mode fiber
- Installable in all MMA-10G gateways and switch fabric
Simple Plug and Play Technology
EvertzAV offers two different types of 10GE fiber SFP+ transceivers: a lower cost multi-mode SFP for short distance fiber deployments and a longer range single-mode SFP. All EvertzAV's MMA-10G products with 10GE ports support both types of SFP+ transceivers. Simply install the SFP+ module required dependent on the fiber plant constructed.
10GBASE-SR & 10GBASE-LR
EvertzAV's MMA10G-SFP transceivers meet the IEEE 802.3ae standards for 10GBASE-SR (850nm) and 10GBASE-LR (1310nm) transceiver modules. MMA10G-SFP transceivers can be reliably deployed in accordance to the IEEE 802.3ae standard for worryfree operation. To obtain more technical details regarding the IEEE 802.3ae standard, please refer to the IEEE 802.3ae-related information available online.
Ordering Options and Guidelines for Validating a 10G Fiber Plant
Minimal fiber link engineering is required. Use the following ordering options as a guideline to ensure a trouble-free deployment:
|Fiber||Multi-mode, 50/125 (reference OM4, G.651.1)||Single-mode, 9/125 (reference ITU-T G.652)|
|Fiber Cable Connector||LC/LC, UPC (blue connector)||LC/LC, UPC (blue connector)|
|Maximum Channel Insertion Loss*||2.6dB||6.2dB|
|Maximum Fiber Distance||300m||10Km|
* Channel Insertion Loss = sum of connectors + fiber + splice attenuation. An OTDR can be used to validate channel insertion loss of a fiber path.